- Half-semester format to accommodate summer
session as well as schools on a quarter system
- Full-time students: 3-4 in core courses plus 2-3 Chinese for a total of
15-18 SCH per semester
- Internship-centric study abroad programs for up to 6 months
Chengdu American Center Academics
- Courses taught in English by regular or adjunct faculty from partnering
- Chinese language and China Study taught by host Chinese university
- On-line courses, if needed, will be augmented by facilitators
Please CLICK HERE for Academic Calendar for Spring 2020 Semester
Add/Drop Policy: Adding/dropping courses is only permitted under extenuating conditions. Students must check the Academic Calendar for the dates of the add/drop period and submit the necessary paperwork during this time. No student is allowed to add/drop after this period.
Adding a Course: Students can add pre-approved alternative courses during the first week of class as long as they do not exceed the maximum number of credit hours. For adding non-approved courses, students are responsible for communicating with their home institution regarding credit transfers.
Dropping a Course: All students who want to drop a course must ensure that they do not fall below 12 credit hours for the semester. Students should consult their home institution before dropping courses that are required for their major or fulfill an elective.
You may add/drop courses within the deadline for add/ drop marked on G-MEO academic calendar(posted on the G-MEO Website); But the following procedures shall be followed:
- You are responsible for contacting your academic adviser back in your home university, asking for permission first;
- Once you get approval from your academic adviser, you shall bring it to the Center’s admin office and fill in G-MEO official add/drop form;
- Your total credits in Spring/fall semester is no more than 19/ no less than 12
- Get the add/drop approval form signed by the Director of the Center;
- G-MEO Staff shall update your course selection in the SAMPS ready for grades input.
- Be sure that you are registered only for courses you plan to finish. You are responsible for knowing your enrollment status at all times.
- After the final add/drop date, you may not add/drop a course.
Academic Courses: Spring 2020
CLICK HERE to browse all courses by selecting different semesters
|Field of Study||Course Name||Partner University||Spring Semester||Fall Semester|
|Economics||Money, Banking and Finance in the Global Economy||American University||✓||✓|
|Business and Management||Fundamentals of International Business||Fairleigh Dickinson University||✓||✓|
|Social Sciences and Humanities||International Law and Organizations||✓||✓|
|Social Psychology||Concordia University Chicago||✓||✓|
|Professional Development and Internship||✓||✓|
|Cross-Cultural Perspective||Fairleigh Dickinson University||✓||✓|
|Criminal Justice||Corrections||Norwich University||✓|
|Comparative Criminal Justice||✓|
|Organized Crime||Fairleigh Dickinson University||✓|
|The Politics of Crime||✓|
|Criminal Justice Ethics||✓|
|Chinese Studies and Chinese Language||Beginning Mandarin Chinese (II)||Sichuan University||✓||✓|
|Beginning Mandarin Chinese (I)||✓||✓|
|Modern Chinese Culture and Society||✓||✓|
|Intermediate Chinese I||✓||✓|
|Beginning Business-Conversational Chinese||✓||✓|
|Public Health/Nursing||Health Assessment Across the Lifespan||Norwich University||✓|
|Nursing Technology and Informatics in Healthcare||✓|
|Traditional Chinese Medicine||Sichuan University||✓|