- Interactive projects and activities that foster innovative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Enhancement of academic, professional, and business skills
- Visits to global and local businesses, prestigious universities, and cultural sites
- Cultural immersion in the New York City and Washington DC area
- Certificate of Program Completion provided by Stevens Institute of Technology and g-MEO upon successful completion of the program
Through this program, students will:
- Improve their English language communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening)
- Gain a thorough understanding of American academic culture
- Learn about Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the U.S.
- Be exposed to the American professional culture
- Become acquainted with programs of graduate study in the U.S.
Who Should Participate
This is an ideal program for students who:
- Are interested in learning more about innovation and entrepreneurship
- Are interested in pursuing a graduate degree in the United States or other Western countries
- Wish to improve their professional, academic, and English language skills and to have an authentic experience of American culture, and as such, stand out in the job market
The first week of the program will primarily focus on providing students with an introduction to the fundamentals of innovation and entrepreneurship. Students will learn about the elements of entrepreneurship as well how to conduct market research through customer interviews, the basics of product development, and how to structure and deliver business presentations. These foundational concepts will help students as they begin to develop their own product in groups, which are formed on the first day of class. Students will also receive an orientation to the Stevens campus and surrounding area. During the first week, students will have several guided site visits to companies and cultural sites in NYC.
The second week of the program will be a continuation of the first week, but will also focus on how to move a product to market, including marketing and communication strategies and how to pitch to prospective investors or clients. Students will learn how to finance entrepreneurial ventures, and develop their team’s own finance and operations strategy. In the final class, students will present, as a group, their final product. Students will continue to have scheduled guided site visits to companies and cultural sites in the area.
For the final week of this study tour, students will travel to Washington, D.C., the capital of the U.S. They will have the opportunity to visit the White House and Capitol Hill, where U.S. lawmakers create policies that affect millions of people. Later, students will go to places that commemorate the strength and courage of the nation's Founding Fathers and greatest presidents, like the Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial and Lincoln Memorial. Finally, students will get a chance to go back in time and see the wonders of the past through the fascinating exhibits of the Smithsonian Museums.
Admission to Summer Boot Camp
- Completing g-MEO’s online application before March 31st, 2018
- Approved by home department OR minimum GPA of 2.5 or international equivalent
- Proof of English proficiency: CET score (and TOFEL or IELTS if applicable)
- Sign on Summer Study Tour Agreement. The deadline for program application and program fee payment is April 30th, 2018
Program Location: Hoboken/New York City & Washington D.C.
Program Date: July 21th - August 11th, 2018
Application Deadline: March 31st, 2018
US $6,500 per student
(if pay in RMB, use the exchange rate of April 1st, 2018 ), include:
- Education sessions, program management, teaching materials, and fees
- One Stevens Institute of Technology’s official Certificate for the Program
- Housing and meal plans, U.S. domestic (DC, NJ, and NYC) transportations
- International Insurance (including medical, accident, and disaster evacuation)
- Others (admission tickets, tours and visits, activities that listed on the schedule)
- Chaperones and professional guide
- Administration fee
- Students will be accommodated either in standard double room in Stevens resident hall
-There might be meals not included in the program fee depending on the location of accommodation, -please refer to the program schedule for details
-Bus transportation includes the airports pick-up and drop off, and excursions.
-The program fee does not includes international airfare, U.S. visa, and other cost that generated as results of students’ own activities.