- Overview of American politics, international relations, and culture
- Seven prestigious universities visit: Columbia University, New York University, Princeton University, United States Military Academy (West Point), Georgetown University, American University, George Washington University
- Real American education experience: Course taught by American University faculty members and live in AU dorms
- Certificate of the program provided by American University
- Distinctive cultural experience: U.S. capital Washington, D.C., and the economic and financial center - New York City
The three-week study program consists of a two-week, intensive study and cultural experience in Washington DC followed by one week of guided travel in New York City. The dates are July 23rd to August 13th, 2018.
From the courses, lectures, tours, campus visits and excursions, the students who participated in the American University G-MEO Summer Study Program will carry home with them a treasure chest of memories, experiences, and friendships to propel them forward in their academic careers.
In 2018, we add ICONS simulation for students to work on real-life global issues in teams!
Who Should Participate
Who are seeking a higher education in U.S. and other western countries
Who intend to develop leadership skills and enhance team working capabilities
Who want to become outstanding talent in international job market
Who are eager to improve their professional, academic, and language skills
In the morning, students will dedicate to instructions on academic skills training at American University. They will learn the most fundamental skills on studying and working in the United States. In the afternoon, students will enjoy university tour and museum visiting, which enables them to learn by experience. Weekend offers local excursions, themed activities and cultural events.
Week two will focus on U.S. government and international relations. American University is located in Washington D.C., the heart of American politics and international affairs. The city is also the host of 297 foreign embassies from around the globe. While students will dedicate to on-site instructions in the morning, the afternoons opens up visiting to the world most well-known international organizations. American University will organize team based events, and invite notable guest speakers for speech. Students will work on ICONS simulations and learn through real-life experience.
For the last week of the program, student will participate in guided field trips to the biggest city as well as the financial heart of the United States – New York City. Students will be guided on a series of university tour in the New York and New Jersey area, where housed some of the world best universities. Moreover, students also have the opportunity to view some of the world most famous sites like Time Square and Statue of Liberty etc.
The program will be concluded by a certificate issuing event which honors the talents who complete the program successfully.
Click here to see our 2016 Summer Study Program Newsletter!
Admission to Summer Study Program
- Completing g-MEO’s online application before March 31st, 2018
- Approved by home department OR minimum GPA of 2.5 or international equivalent
- Proof of English proficiency: CET score (and TOFEL or IELTS if applicable)
- Sign on Summer Study Program Agreement. The deadline for program application and program fee payment is April 30th, 2018.
Program Location: Washington D.C. & New York City
Program Date : July 23rd - August 13th, 2018
Application Deadline: March 31st, 2018
US $5,625 per student
(if pay in RMB, use the exchange rate of April 1st, 2018 ), include:
- Education sessions, program management, teaching materials, and fees
- One American University’s official Certificate for the Program
- Housing and meal plans, U.S. domestic (DC, NJ, and NYC) transportations
- International Insurance (including medical, accident, and disaster evacuation)
- Others (admission tickets, tours and visits, activities that listed on the schedule)
- Chaperones and professional guide
- Administration fee
- Student will be accommodated in standard double room, and chaperone in double or single room (depending on the choice and payment).
- Bus transportation includes the airports pick-up and drop off, and excursions.
- The program fee does not includes international airfare, and other cost that generated as results of students’ own activities.