Keep your education on track and enjoy campus life
What is the Alternative Spring Program (ASP)?
The Alternative Spring Program (ASP) was provided by G-MEO to address the needs of Chinese international students enrolled in universities in the US but currently located in China. The ASP program put Chinese international students in an English language US-style learning environment and keept their education plans on track.
The program also provided US universities and colleges with a suitable venue in China to launch their Overseas Spring Semester Program. This was due to the possibility that the past travel restrictions between the US and China would not be removed in time for students to secure their visas and book limited flights to the US in time to start their Spring semester.
The ASP was developed with one of the top US-accredited universities in New Jersey, Fairleigh Dickinson University (FDU). Upon completion of the ASP, FDU issued each student an official transcript with 100% credit transferability, keeping all students on track to complete their education. Students looked forward to taking advantage of FDU’s valuable contributions.
Program Location and Duration
Who Should Apply
If you are unable to come (back) to the U.S. in Spring 2022 due to visa, airline, policy, or safety concerns, you are welcome to join us for the ASP to continue to fulfill your academic goals and enjoy colorful college life in a beautiful city - Chengdu.
- NEWLY ADMITTED FRESHMEN
- - Students who have been accepted to American Universities or colleges and plan to start their Freshman year in 2020 or 2021.
- - Students who can be committed to one university or still in the decision-making process.
- - Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors who plan to return to their home institution to continue their education.
- ESL & GATEWAY & HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
- - Students who require additional or supplemental courses to move forward with their academic plans at an American university.
- - Students who need ESL credits and plan to enroll in a U.S. university for a degree program.
- - Students who need to take some College credits.
- - Flexible for these students' needs.
LEARN IN THIS AMAZING CITY
The G-MEO ASP program is located in the capital of Sichuan Province, Chengdu City. Chengdu is an amazing city that well-know by its culture, history, and modern life. Students here can experience the classic Chinese culture and enjoy the convenience of modern life.
100% CREDIT TRANSFER HISTORY!
Upon successful completion of the program, one copy of each student's official transcript from Fairleigh Dickinson University will be mailed to their home institution or any other required location. View more details
KNOWLEDGEABLE AND PROFESSIONAL TEAM SUPPORT
All G-MEO staff are carefully selected, knowledgeable professionals, trained in recognizing and handling the needs of our students. With 8 years of student affairs experience, G-MEO also offers professional support and extracurricular activities to ensure the students have a positive, community-oriented learning and growing experience.
24/7 EMERGENCY HOTLINE IN THE US AND CHINA
At G-MEO, we take personal health and safety very seriously. Resident or Program Directors will work closely with host universities to ensure our students, both individually and as a group, will receive the best care possible.
FLEXIBLE AND CUSTOMIZED PROGRAM
G-MEO has years of experience in developing customized educational programs by working closely with U.S. universities and colleges. You are welcome to contact us to find the best solution for you.
LEARN MORE ABOUT G-MEO
- ABOUT US
- G-MEO TEAM
- CHENGDU AMERICAN CENTER
FOR STUDY & INTERN ABROAD
- G-MEO CREDIT TRANSFER RECORD
- VIEW FDU, OUR SCHOOL OF RECORD
- AFS & ASP REFUND POLICY
- 2020 AFS PROGRAM INFO
2020 AFS Students' Activities
Dr. David C. Chang was named the ninth President of New York Polytechnic University (now known as NYU Tandon School of Engineering) on July 1, 1994, and was appointed Chancellor in July 2005. In addition to being a full professor at his home institution, Dr. Chang also holds honorary professorships at five major universities in China.
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY
- CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY CHICAGO
- FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON UNIVERSITY
- NAZARETH COLLEGE
- NORWICH UNIVERSITY
- VIEW ALL COLLABORATIVE UNIVERSITIES LIST
- NY Office Phone: 929-238-2840
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 5 West 37th Street, Suite 210
New York, NY 10018
- Chengdu American Center Phone: +86 (028) 8550 2761
- Address: No.17, Section 13, Ren Min South Road, Chengdu, China 610044
- (Search on Baidu Maps, or search Chengdu American Center directly on Google Maps due to Google search restriction in China)
Sichuan Cuisine Museum
The Center offers over twenty US college courses in Humanities and Social Sciences, Business, STEM, and ESL. See the course list below for more details:
*Courses in this program will be taught either in person or by a hybrid format that combines online lectures with in-person recitations.
|Field of Study
|Business & Management
|Business and the Law
|Intermediate Financial Accounting I
|International Business Finance
|Principles of Financial Analysis
|Principles of Marketing
|Fundamentals of Federal Taxation
|Fundamentals of International Business
|Special Topics: Corporate Finance
|Special Topics: Portfolio Management
|Introduction to Macroeconomics
|Humanities & Social Sciences
|Introduction to World Civilization
|World Food and Culture
|Music and Culture
|Selective Studies in Criminal Justice
|Mass Media: Image, Sound and Text
|Media, History, and Society
|Social Media, Communication and Community
|Visual and Media Literacy
|Criminal Justice Ethics
|The Politics of Crime
|Gender and Sexuality in Chinese Literature
|Modern Chinese Culture and Society
|Professional Development and Experiential Learning in China
* Courses will only be offered with a minimum
** All Students need to get course approval from their academic advisor
Welcome to contact us to find your best solution
Email us: email@example.com